Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NEVER buy Birkenstocks (Birki's) again

The picture in my profile are of the most comfortable shoes....sandals.  My Birkenstocks.  Actually, they are my Birki's - made by Birkenstock.

I got them for my birthday last year.  I've owned a pair of Birkenstocks for 18 years......best pair of shoes I ever bought.  But, it was time for a new pair.

Got them, felt great, loved them......and recently I noticed both shoes in the same exact spot have a crack in the cork from the sole to the liner - the whole way.  Not across the entire ball of the foot/shoe, but eventually, it will get there.

I immediately called the store where they were bought.  You know what they told me about these quality, very expensive sandals?  They couldn't do anything about it.  And when I called the corporate customer service, the first thing they asked was if I contacted the retailer and that there was nothing they could to about it.

Really?  When I've owned a pair for 18 years without issue and this same crack appears right behind the strap in the same location on both shoes in the pair.....that doesn't seem curious?  And with the reputation and quality that this company thrives on?

This is what I mean by customer service.  There typically isn't any anymore.  Why I cherish the places and give high praise to those places who still deliver the highest quality of customer service.

Will be sharing this with everyone that I can.  I will never buy another pair of Birkenstocks.  Be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment